demonstrations of affection and friendship excited even more in the last stage of life, even if one believes hardened by years and accumulated experiences.
The story of my dear friend Sabaté, his ode to friendship (see Letters from Laayoune, 1958 in this blog) and reading that old letter I had forgotten, "he has caused a flood of memories and emotions of that difficult period that we share as brothers.
I was excited to recognize my handwriting so baroque and baroque signature further used for 12 years.
Sabaté met when, over the period of instruction, we went to both the 1 st Radio Company. I must say that our friendship was forged not by the membership of a group, as is common in the age of post-adolescence, as each had different friends, but not without respect admiration for his attitude, their sense of responsibility, its reflexive character, behavior and the sharing of ideas and shared ethical values.
not agree during the maneuvers in the Catalan Pyrenees in the summer of 1957, nor for much of our stay at the Sahara. Maybe not even agree about our political or religious ideas I do not remember ever having spoken them, but we were friends. And when circumstances adverse friendship, companionship, solidarity, as it expresses the friend Corominas-are emphasized.
I also think that must be placed in the context in which the letter is written and what was your mood. We had a childhood in which, in the words of a poet, the bombs broke the toys, we had a tough post-war, and suddenly, we are in a war that we never understand.
For nearly four months had left El Pardo and our families and youth by removing the joy with which we travel to Cadiz and a couple of days in Las Palmas, the rest had been deprivation and neglect: we slept on the floor land on a mattress almost sad straw media lacked toilets and the food was very scarce and of poor quality.
The news of the death of my friend's father overwhelmed me. I thought perhaps what I would do if I had happened to me. At that age, 22-23 years, the father figure was vital reference perhaps most important of our lives and I thought about how much you have affected and how they face the immediate future without that support. So I hastened to express my sorrow and all the colleagues who knew him and appreciated. And our condolences to expect it's any consolation in the plight.
I'm glad to be this way and I thank the good friend who has kept the letter.
Acebes Francisco
0 comments:
Post a Comment